Our middle school provides a safe, affirming environment for 5th-8th grade students to explore their interests and to grow and develop their God-given abilities. The curriculum is both engaging and challenging in order to prepare our students for high school.
Lamont Christian middle school students experience:
• a complete education - Middle school students receive instruction in math, algebra, science, language arts, social studies, history, and Bible as well as a complete range of specialty courses: art, choir, band, physical education, computers, and STEM. Teachers are committed to developing the whole child--socially, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually.
• small class sizes - This unique aspect draws families to our school. Students receive personal attention resulting in more individualized instruction. Teachers and students enjoy close relationships.
• 100% participation - Every student can participate in every sport. There are no tryouts for the teams. Also, every seventh- and eighth-grade student are required to take part in the annual middle school play.
• leadership opportunities - An active Student Council meets regularly to organize and promote activities. To build bonds among students, middle school students are assigned lower elementary “buddies” for chapel, special activities, and weekly reading. We also depend on our middle school students to help with important daily responsibilities which keep our school running smoothly. They take ownership in their school and truly develop servants’ hearts.
• spiritual growth - Every subject is built on a foundation of faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and Creator of this world and is presented with a Christian worldview. The entire student body meets for weekly chapels, building a strong family atmosphere.